Among the various skin problems in adults, irritation is the most common. This happens when the skin comes into prolonged contact with, and reacts adversely to, things like chemicals, fabrics and harsh weather conditions. People who work with their hands, such as cleaners, carpenters and hairdressers, are most commonly affected by skin irritation. [H1]
Preventing skin irritation
When skin irritation becomes chronic, it can make everyday life difficult. To help prevent the discomfort and unsightly appearance of skin irritation, there are some simple steps you can take:
- Make sure your hands are covered during cold weather
- Avoid hot baths and showers – use lukewarm water instead
- Wear gloves when handling cleaning chemicals
- Use mild detergents and avoid fabric softeners
- Moisturise the skin regularly
Treating skin irritation with Bepanthen Ointment [I1]
Bepanthen Ointment is an essential staple for your bathroom cabinet, and can be used to treat various minor skin irritations in adults, such as chapping, chafing, dryness and itchiness. Scientifically researched and clinically proven, it contains pro-vitamin B5 to soothe, protect and repair the skin.
- Creamy texture
- Easy to apply to even widespread areas
- Easily absorbed
- Moisturises and relieves discomfort
Apply and massage gently a few times a day. Do not use Bepanthen Ointment if your skin is infected, or if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients. For external use only.